[SR-Users] Is this idea even feasible?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at kamailio.open.source.it
Wed Aug 18 15:33:42 CEST 2021

On Wednesday 18 August 2021 at 15:11:54, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:

> If you have a DUMB SIP endpoint, as you have, that lacks the features to
> put a call on hold, transfer a call, etc. YOU ONLY HAVE 2 WAYS of solving
> that.
>
> 1) Throw that SIP Endpoint to the nearest trash bin you could find

Not an option, as already stated.

> 2) Put a B2BUA in front of that SIP Endpoint, and throught API, DTMF, RPC
> or witchever method that B2BUA gives you, you will have to emulate what
> your SIP Endpoint doesn't support

Precisely what I am asking how to do, thank you.

> Getting to this point, this is fully out of scope of this list, as Kamailio
> it's not a B2BUA and will not (without TONS of work and hours) cover that
> special scenario you have.

Agreed, I realise now that Kamailio is not the solution to my requirements,
however people here seem to believe they know what *would* be a solution to my
requirements, but so far nobody has pointed me at anything specific which I can
use.

> You have been given with the hints about how to solve your problem,

Hints are all very well, but telling me "put a B2BUA in front of that SIP
Endpoint, and use API, DTMF, RPC or witchever method that B2BUA gives you"
doesn't exactly help when I've made it perfectly clear that I don't know how
to solve the problem.

If it really is that simple, please just point me at one example of how to
actually do it.

Antony.

--
How many Prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?
No.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.