[SR-Users] Kamailio as basic dispatcher for load balancing

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 12:28:22 CEST 2021

Hello,

couple of questions to see where to guide you:

  * are the VoIP providers requesting you to register to their SIP
servers? The usual interconnect for a proxy like Kamailio is based on
trusted IP addresses, saving roundtrips for traffic authentication using
user/password. It is also easier to protect with firewalls and safer
when employees leave the company (can't take IP with them, as opposite
of knowing the user/pass).

  * do you have a block of numbers and asterisk does a single
registration to each provider, or right now the asterisk register all
the numbers to providers?

  * now you mention having incoming calls only, do you plan to support
outgoing calls as well?