[SR-Users] Dialog server behind proxy and ka_timer/ka_interval

David Villasmil david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 20:20:09 CEST 2021

Hello guys,

So i have a setup where

client

   (WS)
[proxy (no dialog tracking)]

[dialog server]

[proxy (no dialog tracking)]
   (WS)

client

I'd like to know when any of the clients are not available (i.e.: crashed,
shutdown unexpectedly. etc), so i enabled on the dialog server
ka_timer/ka_interval. I see the OPTIONS going to the proxy when the call
starts, and the proxy replying with 200 OK. If i shutdown the client, i see
the OPTIONS still going, but the proxy is still responding. I assume the
Proxy (kamailio) is simply responding to an OPTIONS message and not
actually trying to resend it to the client.

Is there anyway of doing this or something better to accomplish the same
thing?

Thanks!

David Villasmil
email: david.villasmil.work at gmail.com