[SR-Users] To-Tag on Register Refresh method

Duarte Rocha duarterocha91 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 20:10:12 CEST 2021

Hello all,

I'm using Kamailio as a registrar and i have an endpoint that sometimes
sends a REGISTER method with a To-Tag when refreshing its regist. My code
on this proxy shares many similarities with the default kamailio.cfg
configuration file.

On that occasion Kamailio answers with a 404 - Not Here since it treats it
as a in-dialog request which fails the loose_route check.

Why would a CPE send a REGISTER with a To-Tag? Why is a REGISTER with a
To-Tag rejected by Kamailio when it could otherwise be a
successful REGISTER? Is this behaviour noncompliant with the SIP protocol?

I thought about making an exception in the code and having this register
following the same path as a register without to-tag, but i don't know if
that is unsafe and/or noncompliant with the protocol.

Best Regards,