[SR-Users] Kamailio 5.4.4 and Siptrace

pwerspire pwerspire at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 11:28:03 CEST 2021

Hi list,

I have the following configuration for siptrace:
####################
modparam("siptrace", "duplicate_uri", "{{ homer_uri }}")
modparam("siptrace", "hep_mode_on", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_to_database", 0)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_flag", 22)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_mode", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "hep_version", 3)
modparam("siptrace", "hep_capture_id", 2070)
#######################

But we saw that local replies from Kamailio in some cases would not appear.
For example, Invite is sent to Kamailio and Kamailio replies with a
Forbidden, in homer only the Invite and the ACK would appear.

So any scenario that the Invite has the final answer locally on Kamailio
would not appear the reply in Homer.

I tried to use the following modified config:
####################
modparam("siptrace", "duplicate_uri", "{{ homer_uri }}")
modparam("siptrace", "hep_mode_on", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_to_database", 0)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_mode", 0)
modparam("siptrace", "hep_version", 3)
modparam("siptrace", "hep_capture_id", 2070)

and in the Request Route:

request_route {
    sip_trace_mode("t");
}
#######################

With this last configuration, I can see now all the messages (for example
the forbidden appears) but we found out a problem with this configuration.

In a normal scenario if we have some mapping for example from 487 to 480 in
the onreply_route { .... change_reply_status(480,"Temporary unavailable");
..... } in homer it will appear that Kamailio received the 480 instead of
the 487, so basically siptrace is reporting the message after being change
instead of the original message received.

Any ideas what I need to change on the siptrace to have this correctly
working?

Thanks for the help,
Regards,
Tiago