[SR-Users] Switch from SRTP to RTP when using Zoiper and Bria

Sergiu Pojoga pojogas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 14:35:35 CEST 2021

Hi Marcus,

Can't say for Zoiper, but I've worked this case with Counterpath (sadly for
Canada - it is no more, has been acquired by Alianza).

Anyhow, the final conclusion at the time was: *The client is correct to
expect that this is the same INVITE request that took different paths to
the target (as indicated by the different branch IDs) - and thus correct to
reject it with a 482 because the requests are not identical in
content. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261#section-8.2.2.2
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261#section-8.2.2.2> states what should
occur if there is no To tag*

The suggested solutions were:
a) increment CSeq - impossible to do with a proxy
b) send both SAVP and AVP lines in the SDP of the original INVITE. If media
encryption is set to mandatory and SIP TLS is enabled then the SAVP offer
would be accepted. If media encryption is off in Bria, then the AVP offer
would be accepted

Good luck.