[SR-Users] potential PRACK related topos bug

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 08:11:37 CEST 2021

On 18.04.21 17:33, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>>> In case of topology:
>>>
>>>   A - P1 - P2 - P1 - B
>>>
>>> is the idea to use in P1 context "in" when initial request comes to P1
>>> from A or B and context "out" when initial request comes to P1 from P2?
>>>
>>> Does context need to be set in replies too?  If so, is reply context the
>>> same as the corresponding request context?
>>>
>>> And finally, does context need to be set for in-dialog requests/replies
>>> the same way as for initial requests?
>> Normally the context has to be set for the initial request. Set one
>> value for the request coming from A to P1 and another one for P2 to P1,
>> using one of the event routes.
> I did more testing on this. When P1 receives INVITE from A, it calls
> tps_set_context("leg1") in on_topos:msg-sending and when it receives the
> INVITE from P2, it calls tps_set_context("leg2").
>
> INVITE and 200 OK seems to work as they should, but when P1 receives ACK
> from A, it first forwards the ACK back to itself and adds Route header
> to it. After receiving the ACK from itself, it removes the Route header
> and adds second Via header with different branch value and then forwards
> the ACK to P2.
>
> I have pcap of this if it would help to figure out what is going on.

Can you reproduce with debug=3 in kamailio.cfg, send me all the logs
messages (from the initial invite to ack) along with the pcap and the
records in the database from the topos_d and topos_t table?

Kamailio Advanced Training - Online
May 17-20, 2021 (Europe Timezone) - June 7-10, 2021 (America Timezone)
  * https://www.asipto.com/sw/kamailio-advanced-training-online/