[SR-Users] KEMI - Set message body to Bytes / Prevent parsing PV?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 10:21:14 CEST 2021

Hello,

On 11.04.21 05:23, Nick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying in KEMI & Python to set a Pseudo Variable to the value of
> another PV (simple enough) but the value of the PV is not a string or
> an integer,
>
> For example the SMSops
> <https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/tree/master/src/modules/smsops>
> module has a PV called $smsbody which I need to set the message body
> to equal in UAC, but I'm not able to load it to set it as the message
> body,
>
> In my Python file I have:
> smsbody = KSR.pv.get("$smsbody")
>
> Which leads to:
> kamailio[226069]: UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte
> 0x91 in position 7: invalid start byte
> kamailio[226069]:  2(226069) DEBUG: app_python3 [apy_kemi.c:112]:
> sr_kemi_config_engine_python(): execution of route type 1 with no name
> returned -1
>
> *Is there a way to set a PV in Kemi without actually interpreting it?*
> *
> *
> *Is there a way to run an arbitrary line of native Kamailio config
> from Kemi like KSR.x.modf? *
>
> In reality all I need to do is:
> $uac_req(body) = $smsbody;
>
> Would work fine in the native config, but the equivalent in Kemi tries
> to parse the contents and fails, so can't set the body.

this seems to be some limitation coming from embedding Python with
string parameters for functions.

Can you try:

KSR.pvx.evalx("$uac_req(body)", "$$(smsbody)");

Note the $$ in second parameter, because it is the same as:

  * https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/pv.html#pv.f.pv_evalx

Kamailio Advanced Training - Online
May 17-20, 2021 (Europe Timezone) - June 7-10, 2021 (America Timezone)
  * https://www.asipto.com/sw/kamailio-advanced-training-online/