[SR-Users] Dispatcher and SUBSCRIBE issue

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 14:07:44 CEST 2021

On 08.04.21 13:26, Barry Flanagan wrote:
> On 08/04/2021 12:04, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

>>> Thanks Daniel, this was not explicitly set and is currently running an
>>> old 4.4 so I will set it and see if it helps, although the docs say it
>>> defaults to 1.
>>>
>> Then maybe you overwrite the dst uri with other functions in config --
>> do you use loose_route() after dispatcher function?
>
> No, not overwriting it. I am not using loose_route though. I call
> record_route() only. Is it advisable to call loose_route after all
> ds_select_dst?

Normally one should do loose_route() for requests within dialog if
record_route is done for initial requests in a SIP proxy, in order to
consume the Route headers. If you know that next hop is an endpoint and
its routing is not influenced by Route headers, probably you can skip
loose_route(), but I would do it to be proper SIP processing, or at
least remove the Route header with remove_hf().

On the other hand, I just noticed in your first message that you wanted
to update R-URI, and that is done by ds_select_domain(). The
ds_select_dst() update dst uri (outbound proxy address).

Kamailio Advanced Training - Online
May 17-20, 2021 (Europe Timezone) - June 7-10, 2021 (America Timezone)
  * https://www.asipto.com/sw/kamailio-advanced-training-online/