[SR-Users] SNMP counter doesn't increase in stateful proxy

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 13:15:07 CEST 2021

Probably is like 10 years since I deployed snmpstats module for
kamailio, as far as I can remember, SNMP works with static mappings of
MIBs, probably each new metric exported by Kamailio needs C code and a
defined MIB value. So right now only what was coded in snmpstats is
available.

On the other hand, the new counters/stats should also be available via
rpc stats.fetchn (or its variants). So you can pull them from kamailio
via jsonrpc (or xmlrpc) and push them to your monitoring system using a
converting script -- typically such scripts are easy to build with
python, I guess python has libraries for snmp, if you need to go this way.