[SR-Users] usrloc - ka_mode timeout

Ilie Soltanici iliusha.md at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 11:39:58 CEST 2020

Hello,

Not, with the nathelper module it was working fine, after Kamailio restart
all contacts came back as they were before restart.
Just tried now with the latest 5.4 branch - and everything seems to be
working perfectly now.

Thank you Daniel.

P.S. I don't want to bother you or this topic too much, but as an idea
would be nice to have an event-route for this keepalived function, where we
can trigger some action when the contact is replying to the options with
RTT instead of parsing the log file.

Regards,
Ilie.

On Fri, 25 Sep 2020 at 10:24, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>>                                                         Address:
>> sip:101 at 192.168.0.18:49195;ob
>>                                                         Expires: 3548
>>                                                         Q: 1.000000
>>                                                         Call-ID:
>> 03514e7aff5a4c3785b471923ef9a4c5
>>                                                         CSeq: 49773
>>                                                         State: CS_SYNC
>>                                                         Flags: 0
>>                                                         CFlags: 12288
>>                                                         Socket: udp:
>> 1.1.1.10:5060
>>                                                         Methods: 8159
>>                                                         Ruid:
>> uloc-b-5f6a75ac-7ed8-1
>>                                                         Instance: [not
>> set]
>>                                                         Reg-Id: 0
>>                                                         Server-Id: 11
>>                                                         Tcpconn-Id: -1
>>                                                         Keepalive: 1
>>                                                         Last-Keepalive:
>> 1600850587
>>                                                         KA-Roundtrip:
>> 20790
>>                                                         Last-Modified:
>> 1600850572
>>                                                 }
>>                                         }
>>                                 }
>>                         }
>>                         Stats: {
>>                                 Records: 1
>>                                 Max-Slots: 1
>>                         }
>>                 }
>>         }
>> }
>>
>> So, for the above extension (101) it will be removed from the memory only
>> after 3548 sec, even if I killed manually that connection and the softphone
>> it's not replying anymore to the keepalive options. By using the
>> keepalive_timeout function from the nathelper module - it's working fine.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ilie.
>>
>> On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 at 08:05, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> have you watched for how long it stays in memory? The usrloc keepalive
>>> should leverage the same mechanism that was used by the keepalive done by
>>> nathelper module, it should not delete the record immediately, but after
>>> ka_timeout elapsed from the last received keepalive, then expires is set to
>>> current timestamp + 10 seconds, so the next timer cleanup should remove
>>> with.
>>>
>>> Can you get the kamctl up dump for the phone you tested with? The
>>> keepalive related attributes (last keepalive timestamp, last rtt) should be
>>> in the json output/
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Daniel
>>> On 23.09.20 00:13, Ilie Soltanici wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Tried with the latest 5.4 branch, but ka_timeout still not working for
>>> me, the record it's still available in ul.dump even if that extension is
>>> not replying anymore to the Options sent by the module.
>>>
>>> See below used configuration:
>>> modparam("usrloc", "nat_bflag", FLB_NATB)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "use_domain", FLS_MULTIDOMAIN)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "timer_interval", 30)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 1)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "db_load", 1)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "db_insert_update", 1)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "matching_mode", 3)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "fetch_rows", 4000)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "timer_procs", 4)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "handle_lost_tcp", 1)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "close_expired_tcp", 1)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "db_timer_clean", 1)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "server_id_filter", 1)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "ka_mode", 1)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "ka_method", "OPTIONS")
>>> modparam("usrloc", "ka_from", "sip:options at devserver.net")
>>> modparam("usrloc", "ka_domain", "devserver.net")
>>> modparam("usrloc", "ka_filter", 0)
>>> modparam("usrloc", "ka_timeout", 60)