[SR-Users] usrloc - ka_mode timeout

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 19:44:40 CEST 2020

Hello,

the usrloc keepalive are done on its timer interval:

  -
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/usrloc.html#usrloc.p.timer_interval

For the keepalive timeout I was misled by presence of the global
variable in the usrloc, but was actually not exported by this module. I
did it afterwards, just pushed to branch 5.4 as well.

While is not recommended to run both at the same time, imo nothing
really bad can happen, you may see more keepalives for natted udp
contacts (not for tls, tcp, ...).

As for an unorthodox and untested idea :-) : if you do not want to run
from latest 5.4 branch yet, you can eventually set natping_interval to a
very large value, like 20 years in seconds, so you are pretty sure you
will do an upgrade before nathelper timer fires,

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla