[SR-Users] Kamailio uses Python

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:10:44 CEST 2020

Hello,

I am not involved in packaging specs, nor very familiar with the
packaging tools, but usually Linux gives options  to "force" your way in
most of the cases.

A quick web search gave this:

  *
https://askubuntu.com/questions/74523/how-can-i-install-a-package-without-installing-some-dependencies/1005870

It lists a few "unorthodox" variants that you can try.

Of course, you can also tune the specs and build your packages in a
docker image (to be bigger because you need compilers and other build
tools), then propagate to the smaller image only the needed packages.

As a project, we try to provide the packages for the general needs, not
focusing on size or other specific use cases. There are a lot of options
that could be tuned overall.

Of course, you can also propose changes to the specs via pull requests
and those considering useful will be merged. Contributions not targeting
code, but documentation, tools, packaging, ... are very appreciated as well.