[SR-Users] Kamailio uses Python

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 10:52:26 CEST 2020

Hello,

kamailio itself does not depend on python, only if you use app_python or
app_python3 modules, then it requires python to be installed.

However, the deb/rpm may have this dependency because of the tool used
for db_text files management, which is written in python. Probably this
tool is included in kamailio main package, creating this dependency. The
tool is anyhow not really maintained (see
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/2469), maybe in the future
it should be removed or packaged separately.

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla