[SR-Users] Kamailio support for 5g

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 13:29:46 CEST 2020

Hello,

Kamailio is a SIP server and its role in 5G is to connect the devices
for voice (maybe video) calls and eventually SMS. I haven't heard of
using other protocol than SIP for these purposes.

In other words, it is not a full 5G platform nor offers network access
management system, some of these are handled at a lower level (e.g., EPC).

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla