[SR-Users] Few newbie questions

Adam Rutkowski adam.rutkowski at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 00:35:53 CEST 2020

Hi Everyone

As I am just dipping my foot in the VOIP waters so please bear with me.
Although it may be more appropriate for Freeswitch group I am sure there are
plenty of knowledgeable folks here.

I'm playing with freeswitch in my lab environment and really like what
Kamailio has got to offer. That being said, there are few concepts I need
help understanding.

Consider this ( for hosted services I suppose )

[image: Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 22.21.22.png]

1 Does this topology seem right ?
2 If Kamailio is used as registar and load balancer, does that mean all
domains, extensions must be present on all the FS boxes ?
3 How will auto provisioning work in this case ?

Now, in the below scenario, clients have got FS box deployed on prem

[image: Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 22.28.09.png]
4 Is there any reason to keep the FS farm ? or Kamailio poxying calls to
VOIP providers is enough ?
5 What roles Kamailio could be used for in this case ?
6 Is deploying on prem PBX for a customer a popular solution ?

7 Anyone deployed above on Docker/ Kubernetes ? How's the performance and
the bad bits if any ?

I do realize this is pretty basic stuff for everyone in here, however, I
would appreciate any helpful comments and if there is some
good literature/ links you can recommend, I am all ears.

Regards
Adam