[SR-Users] multi netwotk interface kamailio stops processing packets in one of it's network interfaces although keeps processing in the others

Nuno Miguel Reis nmreis at student.dei.uc.pt
Thu Sep 17 02:26:08 CEST 2020

Hi Alex thanks for the feedback.
In my network scenario I have 2 internet faced interfaces where kamailio
listens on port 5060 from 2 different carriers and when the "stall" starts
in on of this interfaces (in my setup probably more than 80% of the SIP
traffic comes in through the interface that stalls) I still can do
everything on the other interface (where the remaining ~20% of the SIP
traffic is) like when for instance an extension doesn't REGISTER when the
SIP packet comes into the stalled interface, if I change the outbound proxy
on the extension endpoint to be the other public interface from the other
carrier the REGISTER comes in to kamailio and it's processed without issues.
So the kamailio path in kamailio cfg file is the same for SIP traffic in
both interfaces but for some reason starts to stall in one of them.
Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this better?

--
Nuno Miguel Reis
Departamento de Engenharia Informática