[SR-Users] RTPENGINE question

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Mon Sep 14 19:27:28 CEST 2020

On 14/09/2020 13.14, Andrew Chen wrote:
> Btw Richard Fuchs, to follow up on your comment, we have a load
> generator running sipp which is non-SRTP traffic.
> As for the fallback, how does that work exactly?  We tried the
> following today and it seems to have helped:
>
> - Removed "--table" startup param in systems file
> - Uncommented "no-fallback = false" in rtpengine.conf
> - Set "table=-1" in rtpengine.conf
>
> Is there anything else I'm missing that controls the fallback?

Userspace fallback is always available, even if `no-fallback` is set
(which is relevant during startup only). If a packet is not handled by
the kernel module for whatever reason, it's always automatically passed
on to the daemon to be handled (except when explicitly instructed to
drop a packet, e.g. through `strict-source`). In this sense, you get the
same behaviour as if `table = -1` is used.

Cheers