[SR-Users] Is there any way to remove stale registrations before expires time from usrloc ?

sagar malam sagarmalam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 18:23:49 CEST 2020

Hello Juha,

baresip app is interesting. I will look at it.

I have tried ul_rm_contact but it is not working :
curl POST --data
'{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"ul.rm_contact","params":{"0":"location","1":"
30001 at XXXXX.com
<30001 at jeff.sip.teledge.com>","2":"sip:30001 at X.X.X.X:43108;x-nat=yes;pv-ip=10.212.134.167;pb-ip=X.X.X.X;pb-pt=43108;transport=tcp"}}'
-H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST 10.50.7.14:5060/RPC2

It is throwing error :
{
       "jsonrpc":      "2.0",
       "error":        {
               "code": 404,
               "message":      "Contact not found"
       }

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 8:03 PM Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:

> sagar malam writes:
>
> > I am using the usrloc module to store registrations. I could not find any
> > way to remove stale registrations before expires time. Most of the
> > registrations are mobile app so they wont run in background to save
> battery
> > of phone hence we end up having lots of registrations in usrloc which
> were
> > not removed because app was killed in background by OS without letting it
> > send unregister request.
>
> There are apps (e.g. baresip) that run as foreground service to avoid
> being killed and that don't consume lots of battery.
>
> > Is there any way to remove stale registrations before expires time from
> > usrloc ?
>
> There is ul.rm_contact rpc command.
>
> -- Juha

Thanks,