[SR-Users] REST API to initiate a call in Kamailio

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Sep 9 23:03:19 CEST 2020

Kamailio isn't really meant to initiate calls -- it's a SIP proxy.

It does have at least one gruesomely hacky way of doing so anyway:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.4.x/modules/dialog.html#dialog.f.dlg_bridge

And you can trigger it via the JSONRPC interface via HTTP using the
`jsonrpcs` and `xhttp` modules:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.4.x/modules/dialog.html#dlg.r.bridge_dlg

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.4.x/modules/jsonrpcs.html

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.4.x/modules/xhttp.html

But if you ask me, this is a really, really bad idea, and the API call
in question should be going out to the B2BUA, not to Kamailio. :-)

-- Alex

On 9/9/20 4:58 PM, Ameed Jamous wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I was wondering what’s the most recommended module by the community
> today to initiate calls via Kamailio using REST API.
>
> Call Flow:
>
> Application —> HTTP (Async) —> Kamailio —> B2BUA —> Callee(s).
>
> Does a reliable module for this already exist today?
>
> Thanks in advance ! Stay safe.
>

> --
> photo
> *Ameed Jamous*
> Founder, TelecomsXChange
>
> +1 954 246 3356 <tel:+1+954+246+3356> | a.jamous at telecomsxchange.com
> <mailto:a.jamous at telecomsxchange.com>
>
> www.telecomsxchange.com <http://www.telecomsxchange.com> | Skype:
> telecomsxchange <#SignatureSanitizer_SafeHtmlFilter_>
>
> 1800 N Bayshore Dr, Suite CU1, Miami, FL 33132

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)