[SR-Users] Dispatcher / ds_select_routes

Peter Gradwell peter at gradwell.com
Wed Sep 9 19:13:20 CEST 2020

Hi Alex, all

This was a super useful hint, many thanks.

For the archive's benefit, I had to tweak the failure_route a little bit. Essentially in my use case, the downstream carrier gateway is also using dispatcher, and returns me a 503 when it has no routes left. So I catch that error, then mark it as inactive, before trying to get the next route (without marking it inactive, I got looping).

modparam("dispatcher", "setid_pvname", "$var(setid)")   #To tell cgrates what the dispatch destination is
modparam("dispatcher","flags", 2)
modparam("dispatcher", "xavp_dst", "_dsdst_")

failure_route[DISPATCH_FAILURE] {

        if (t_is_canceled()) {
                xlog("CGRDISPATCHFAIL: is cancelled");
                exit;
        }

        if (t_check_status("503")  or (t_branch_timeout() and !t_branch_replied())) {

                ds_mark_dst("dp"); # set to inactive and probing

                if(!ds_next_dst()) {
                        xlog(Cannot set next destination in DISPATCH_FAILURE. Out of routes\n");
                        send_reply("503", "No destination - run out of routes");
                        exit;
                } else {
                        xlog("CDR Set the next domain ok grp <$var(setid)> \n");
                }

                t_on_failure("DISPATCH_FAILURE");

                route(RELAY);

        } else {
                send_reply("503", "DISPATCH FAILURE for non 503 error downstream");
                exit;
        }

}

The other thing I needed to do was to return the group id for the route that was finally used to make the call. I found that to do this, I needed to call ds_is_from_list just before I relayed the call

  # try and find out which group it is
        if(ds_is_from_list("-1","2","$du"))
        {
                xlog("CGROUTERELAY Found grp $var(setid) for $du\n");
        }
        else
        {
                xlog("CGROUTERELAY Tried to find group for $du but failed.\n");
        }

        xlog("CGRROUTERELAY: Sending call to ruri: $ru - du: <$du> grp: $var(setid)\n");

Cheers
Peter