[SR-Users] Confusion about TCP worker ports

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Oct 29 21:51:54 CET 2020

On 10/29/20 4:48 PM, Noah Mehl wrote:

> Or the expectation is that the receiving side will send replies to
> port 5060 (which I guess is broken in Freeswitch sometimes?)
That is precisely the expectation, because dispatcher doesn't keep
dedicated listeners for replies to its own OPTIONS requests.

That's what I meant about asymmetric signalling: it is completely legal
to send from an actual port of Y while having a Via header that says
"hit me back at port X". That's exactly what FS should do.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)