[SR-Users] Confusion about TCP worker ports

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Oct 29 21:10:53 CET 2020

On 10/29/20 3:57 PM, Noah Mehl wrote:

> Is there no way to send the requests from the listen port?

The OPTIONS pinging dispatcher does internally is opaque, so I'm not sure.

However, the source shows that dispatcher uses the UAC module for its
internally generated OPTIONS pings, which is sensible:

https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/master/src/modules/dispatcher/dispatch.c#L3445

If so, it stands to reason that loading 'uac' and setting this modparam
may have some effect:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.4.x/modules/uac.html#uac.p.default_socket

I am not sure if it applies only to requests synthesised within the
config script and sent using uac_req_send(), or to any requests
constructed by the UAC module, though.

> And if they’re not going to come from the listen port, can you please
> help me with the a way to update the message for the worker chosen
> rport?

Try the above and see if it does anything.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)