[SR-Users] KEMI and Native mixing

Arsen Semenov arsperger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 07:19:51 CEST 2020

Hi Marcin,
As a bit addition to the above comments
 once you set cfgengine to your prefered lang the routes become the
language's functions which should be defined, but you still can keep some
"event-routes" in native kamailio language, they are being initialised at
startup.
If you migrate a large script, I'd suggest you split it into several
logically or by route divided scripts, so by this way you can load/reload
and troubleshoot them separately. Testing framework could be much help.

Regards,

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 10:13 PM Marcin Kowalczyk
<marcin.kowalczyk at channels.app> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Thanks for your reply.
> I have quite a large and complex kamailio.cfg and it would be quite a
> challenging task to migrate it in one go. This is the reason why I was
> thinking to do it block by block to be sure it will not break a logic.
>
> Regards
> Marcin
>
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 8:16 PM Henning Westerholt <hw at skalatan.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> other people might be able to add more, but what you can certainly can do
>> is to have a usual kamailio.cfg and then use e.g. lua_run(..) to execute
>> some functions defined in the loaded lua script.
>>
>> In my opinion you will add some more complexity if you start to mix also
>> the routes, but it might be fine for a certain migration period.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>

>> Henning
>>

>> --
>>
>> Henning Westerholt – https://skalatan.de/blog/