[SR-Users] Libphonenumber - Updating metadata

Joel Serrano joel at textplus.com
Sun Oct 18 05:28:54 CEST 2020

Ok more details:

In my case, I needed it for Debian, so I couldn’t build it myself (some
issues with the patches in the upstream package) and I didn’t find anything
updated anywhere, not even in “unstable”(Sid).

I ended up emailing the package maintainer directly (this was back in June
11 2020), unfortunately as I mentioned earlier I never got a reply, that’s
why I ended up trying “ugly” solutions.

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 20:12 Joel Serrano <joel at textplus.com> wrote:

> I did.
>
> You can drop-in replace the current lib with an updated version and the
> Kamailio module just works.
>
> I asked somewhere (not Kam, I don’t remember exactly where) for an updated
> version too but I never got a reply.
>
> So my advice would be:
>
> 1- get an updated version of the lib, overwrite the file in your OS with
> the new one.
> 2- also ask for an updated version in upstream. Maybe if enough people ask
> they actually release one. (I’ll find where I posted It so you can +1 it...
> :P)
>
> If you need more details I’m happy to share what I did, just that I’m
> replying to this thread from my phone ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Joel.
>

> On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 09:49 Sergey Safarov <s.safarov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Which dist do you use?
>> Debian, CentOS?
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 6:50 PM Zach Nielsen <zach at callbox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> I've been using the PHONENUM module, which uses Google's libphonenumber
>>> library, to perform number validation among other handy things within the
>>> route script. One problem I've run into however is the metadata in the
>>> latest stable (5.4) repo is pretty stale.
>>>
>>> I'm curious if anyone is running this module, and if so how they've gone
>>> about updating the metadata used by the underlying library. If I have to
>>> ditch the repo and compile everything manually, that's not a huge deal.
>>> Just hoping there's another way.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Zach