[SR-Users] Error in RTP engine setup

Pavithra Mohanraja pavimohan3004 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 18:03:56 CEST 2020

Hi,
I tried to setup rtpengine to make my sip clients communicate through proxy
following https://open5gs.org/open5gs/docs/tutorial/02-VoLTE-setup/

I started sip communication since the service was running and saw that the
RTP packets go to exposed rtp interface instead of other sip client. But i
don't receive packets from the other end.

When analyzed I noticed the rtp-engine daemon gives a few errors.
*modprobe: FATAL: Module xt_RTPENGINE not found in directory
/lib/modules/4.15.0-118-generic*

*iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.ip6tables: No
chain/target/match by that name. * Starting RTP/media proxy
ngcp-rtpengine-daemon
        [1602690253.130392] ERR: FAILED TO CREATE KERNEL TABLE 0 (No such
file or directory), KERNEL FORWARDING DISABLED*
*(Note: *uname -r gives 4.15.0-118-generic and  /lib/modules/ has only
4.15.0-115-generic*)*

Please help me with this issue. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Pavithra