[SR-Users] kamailio.cfg fomatter

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 12:05:02 CET 2020

I haven't done any formatting extensions, that's why I didn't reply to
your email, but to the one from Sergiu to complete the list of syntax
highlighting options.

I use rarely gg=G with vim, as pointed in another response, but for me
it shifts left the comments in route blocks, so in most of the cases I
just do the formatting manually, allowing me to also review/understand
config content, as I typically need that when I do consultancy services.
When I build configs, I do it formatted using tabs indentation (like in
default kamailio.cfg).

As another idea, in VSCode you can change the file type (Change Language
Mode) to something else (like javascript, shell, c, ...), then do
document format and see if the result is satisfactory. With some file
types I noted it doesn't work at all, because the formatter is based on
compiler/interpreter for that language and obviously fails with
kamailio.cfg, but maybe worth giving a try ...

And of course, one can write a formatter for kamailio.cfg and contribute
it to the community -- no plans now in my side for doing one.