[SR-Users] send_reply() related feature request

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 13:30:09 CET 2020

On 03.11.20 11:10, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> set_reply_close() is very minimal wrapper action from the core setting
>> an internal flag. It can be merged with a reply function, but maybe it
>> should be a new function a little bit more generic, like
>> send_reply_mode(code, reason, mode) where mode is a parameter that can
>> be used for other purposes in the future (by using bit-based flags).
> There may be cases where it is not good idea to close connection after
> reply.  So it should not be automatically done by send_reply().

Maybe my phrasing was confusing, I didn't want to suggest to be included
in existing sl reply functions.

I wanted to say that the new function to be added should be a bit more
generic, not targeting only set_reply_close()+send_reply(), but have a
"mode" parameter to control what other operations should be done before
sending the reply out.

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla