[SR-Users] Polycom looses registration within cluster scenario.

Zhan Bazarov chiefkeeft at gmail.com
Fri May 29 14:40:16 CEST 2020

Hello. We faced to an issue with polycom, namely - polycom phones looses
registration within SRV/DNS based cluster scenario..
So we have round-robin cluster of SIP-proxy instances behind the same SRV/A
records(each instance has the same weight). The initial registration works
fine, but after the polycom sends a SUBSCRIBE request to another one
sipProxy instance(because of round-robin scenario) - polycom stops sending
re-register by expires which we are providing in 200Ok message...

So the idea is to keep polycom located on the instance where initial
register request came to.

But polycom is sending SUBSCRIBE in shuffle(not to the server where
registration is located)

We can solve this issue by  keeping registration on lines not on main SIP
configuration itself, otherwise polycom looses registration from cluster at
all. But it lead to rejecting some calls by polycom with '400 bad request..
We can solve it by disabling validation. But it leads to additional things
like: polycom has multiple registrations on the device itself..  I mean, for
example, first one registration isn’t expired, and polycom has two
registrations at the same time...

any ideas? How we can avoid this issue right?
Thanks.

--
Sent from: http://sip-router.1086192.n5.nabble.com/Users-f3.html