[SR-Users] mid-registrar example

Easy Rider easyrider.8791 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 23:50:57 CEST 2020

Hi everyone

I'm trying to implement OpenSIPS-like mid registrar functionality using UAC
module

Up to now, I was simply performing authentication on my kamailio instance,
saving to local domain and forwarding the request to another proxy
I'd like to lower the number of requests sent to this other proxy, by
forwarding only a few of the incoming requests. This is not a problem to
do, but then comes the handling of expiration. If the SIP UAC is
disconnected, the registration expires on my kamailio instance, but I don't
know how to correctly notify the other proxy on the unregistration (I was
trying to build and send a request using uac_send_req(), but this is
useless as I can't set the CSeq value)

While looking for a solution to my problem, I discovered that OpenSIPS had
a mid registrar module doing exactly what I'd like to do (according to the
documentation at least). I also saw old messages on this list that it was
possible to achieve the same result with UAC module on kamailio

In particular, I don't see why (or if) I need to populate the uacreg table.
I don't see why it should be necessary, and it would have a great impact on
performance to use a db for this matter. I also don't need (I think) to
have different local and remote from and to URIs

I think I need to build the a new REGISTER request using $uac_req, but I
don't see any contact header in the outgoing request, despite having set
reg_contact_addr value

Thanks for any clue you could give me