[SR-Users] PRACK support in RTPENGINE module?

Chris Martineau Chris.Martineau at semafone.com
Mon May 4 18:44:21 CEST 2020

Hi,

Trying to use early media with prack support and rtpengine without success.
INVITE(no SDP)-->
183(SDP)<--
PRACK(SDP)-->
200ok(no SDP)<--
ACK(no SDP)-->

Looking at the code it does not seem to allow for PRACK in the methods it supports.

In the rtpengine_manage code...

              if (!(method==METHOD_INVITE || method==METHOD_ACK || method==METHOD_CANCEL
                                           || method==METHOD_BYE || method==METHOD_UPDATE))
                             return -1;

In the rtpengine_answer code...

rtpengine_answer1_f(struct sip_msg *msg, char *str1, char *str2)
{

              if (msg->first_line.type == SIP_REQUEST)
                             if (msg->first_line.u.request.method_value != METHOD_ACK)
                                           return -1;

              return rtpengine_rtpp_set_wrap_fparam(msg, rtpengine_answer_wrap, str1, 2, OP_ANSWER);
}

Returns -1 no matter what function you use.

I have checked code all the way up to 5.3 and on the master.

I may be looking at this wrong and it is supported, but it doesn't look like it.

Could you please advise if this is a oversight or if there is a specific reason it is not included.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Martineau | Senior Telephony Engineer
[vid]           See how Semafone works<https://www.semafone.com/our-solution/how-it-works/demo/>
[b]             Read our insightful blog<https://semafone.com/media-centre/blog/>
[p]             Switchboard: 0845 543 0822 / Mobile:
[e]             Chris.Martineau at semafone.com<mailto:Chris.Martineau at semafone.com>
[w]             Web: semafone.com<https://semafone.com> / Twitter: @semafone<https://twitter.com/semafone> / LinkedIn: Semafone<https://uk.linkedin.com/company/semafone>
[a]             SEMAFONE, Pannell House, Park Street, Guildford, Surrey GU1 4HN

[Semafone]<https://www.semafone.com>

Disclaimer

Semafone is a limited company, registered in England, with registered number 06963868. Our registered office is at Pannell House, Park Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4HN, United Kingdom.

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please send it back to us, and immediately and permanently delete it. This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more Click Here (https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/6sS0CE8WmI1xZECyHvaY?domain=linkprotect.cudasvc.com) .

Although Semafone has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, Semafone cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage sustained as a result of computer viruses and the recipient must ensure that the email (and any attachments) are virus free.

For information about how we process data and monitor communications please see our Privacy Policy (https://semafone.com/gb/privacy/)