[SR-Users] Is Min-SE check broken?

harneet singh hbilling at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 18:14:36 CET 2020

Hi All,

I am facing an issue in understanding how the min_se should be working in
kamailio. As per the SST documentation, it seems like if the min_se is
configured as 500, then any value of Session-Expires OR MIN-SE if lower
than 500, can be responded to by a 422.
However, I strangely see the reverse happening. To investigate further, I
looked in to the ki_sst_check_min() code in the master, and these seems
like a potential issue.

Ref Code: Inside ki_sst_check_min(), there is an if condition like below:

if (sst_min_se < MIN(minse, se.interval)) {

However, shouldn't it be the other way around? ie
if (sst_min_se > MIN(minse, se.interval)) {

because we need to send 422 if the received value(in INVITE etc) is
smaller than the sst configure min_se value?
I also found a different documentation, at
https://git.sgu.ru/oldssu/ex-opensips/blob/cb9df8d59dbb254a9d862569fd5d11f6656c597d/modules/sst/sst_handlers.c
where
the check is as below?
if (sst_min_se > MIN(minse, se.interval)) {

Can someone confirm if this is broken, or my understanding is incorrect?

Regards,
Harneet

--
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how
improbable, must be the truth" - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle