[SR-Users] about kamailio.cfg NAT test

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 16:46:53 CET 2020

Yes, tcp is typically using ephemeral source port, in the way that is
allocated by the tcp stack/kernel, not easy to be specified by the
client app. But the client app can get the local (ephemeral) port after
connect() using getsockname() and use it to build the SIP message that
is going to be sent through the connection. I expect this is the way how
(most of the) sip phone apps do it when the port in SIP headers is
matching the source port of the connection.