[SR-Users] systemd - properly starting up rtpengine with kernel forwarding

Sergey Safarov s.safarov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:49:44 CET 2020

Hi Daniel
For my needs i installed rtpengine also.
To be sure rtpengine in kernel forwarding mode I configured

systemd unit file

[root at ip-44-230-120-21 ~]# cat /etc/systemd/system/rtpengine.service
[Unit]
Description=NGCP RtpEngine - RTP Media Proxy
Wants=network-online.target
After=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/rtpengine -f
ExecStartPost=/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -p udp -j RTPENGINE --id 0
ExecStartPost=/sbin/ip6tables -I INPUT -p udp -j RTPENGINE --id 0
ExecStopPost=-/sbin/iptables -D INPUT -p udp -j RTPENGINE --id 0
ExecStopPost=-/sbin/ip6tables -D INPUT -p udp -j RTPENGINE --id 0
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

And inside /etc/rtpengine/rtpengine.conf I defined "no-fallback = true"

With "no-fallback = true" rtpengine wont start if kernel module not
available.

Sergey