[SR-Users] out of shm without any visible reason

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 08:51:00 CET 2020

On 03.03.20 21:16, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> The rpc command tm.clean is like a last resort option when dealing with
>> an unexpected situation that messed up the timer process, otherwise the
>> transactions should be cleaned as they are expired or terminated because
>> of final response sent upstream, with a delay of 5 seconds (default value).
> Before we find out why the transactions are not freed on time, I would
> like to run a test every minute that checks if the shm usage is too
> high and, if so, executes tm.clean.  Something like this:
>
> route [every_minute] {
>     $var(shm_usage) = ($stat(real_used_size) * 100) / $stat(total_size);
>     if ($var(shm_usage) > 90) t_clean();
> }
>
> Otherwise OK, but there is no t_clean() function.  Could that be added?

The function can be added, should be easy to extract the code from the
rpc command function. However even now you can execute rpc commands from
kamailio.cfg using jsonrpcs module:

  *
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/jsonrpcs.html#jsonrpcs.f.jsonrpc_exec

Kamailio Advanced Training - March 9-11, 2020, Berlin - www.asipto.com