[SR-Users] Advertise concept

Fred Posner fred at palner.com
Thu Jun 25 17:20:29 CEST 2020

On Thu, 2020-06-25 at 09:23 -0500, Social Boh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> maybe i don't understood completely the use of Advertise parameter.
>
> We use it only if Kamailio is behind a NAT and Kamailio have to
> comunicate over is PublicIP with provider, other SIP proxy and PBX
> but
> never to accept Users REGISTER.
>
> Is it right?
>
> Regards

You could use it for all communication, regardless of method... so if
behind NAT, it would certainly make sense to use advertise for
registers.

The most common use scenario would be when the kamailio server is
NAT'd and needs to advertise a public IP, however there are other use
cases when it can be utilized as well.

--fred