[SR-Users] siptrace: methods blacklist modparam

Nuno Ferreira nferreira at fuze.com
Thu Jun 25 11:27:07 CEST 2020

Hello,

We are a heavy Homer/Hepic (tks QXIP team) users and on our setup, there
are some SIP methods we don’t want to get into the database or send to the
capture server because there’s no value-added for call troubleshooting
purposes (OPTIONS, KDMQ, HTTP (from JSONRPC)…)

Typically we achieve the message filtering using siptrace in “manual” mode
and control what to send from the script. This works fine for some
situations, but there are a few we need to have the automatic mode on:

   -

   topos enabled: using manual mode we don’t get the “wire” version of the
   signaling
   -

   TCP connections: there are a few situations where the destination port
   is traced with 0 - I believe this is due to the fact the TCP socket not
   established when the message is collected

There are other technics to filter like using a HEP relay proxy dropping
unwanted traffic, but having a native kamailio functionality would make
things much easier. With that in mind, I’ve created a PR (#2374
<https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/pull/2374>) that allows to blacklist
methods we don’t want to send to the capture server when using automatic
trace mode. I believe this is a very helpful change for the community as
well.

To block SIP OPTIONS and KDMQ we just need to declare a new modparam:

modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 1)

modparam("siptrace", "methods_blacklist_auto", 16896)

Let me know what you think about it.

Nuno

--
*Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any

attachments may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you

are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this

e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any

attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or

any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the

contents to any other person. Thank you.*