[SR-Users] Kamailio 5.3.0 and HEPv3 oversized traffic

Karsten Horsmann khorsmann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 10:13:43 CEST 2020

Hi list,

for the records - here my kamailio 5.3.4 settings that work for me. And my
5.2.x settings.
Main parts are discussed already that i need to remove setflag and its
enough to set
  sip_trace_mode("t"); for example.

Best thing for my that i am now able to send to more than one capture
target (call sip_trace like commented below).

#!substdef "!MY_LOCAL_SEND_PORT!9060!g"
#!substdef "!MY_PRV_IP!172.20.120.83!g"
#!substdef "!MY_LOCAL_SENDSOCK!sip:MY_PRV_IP:MY_LOCAL_SEND_PORT!g"
#!substdef "!MY_HOMER_CAPTURE!sip:MY_HOMER_IP_ADDR:MY_HOMER_PORT!g"

#!ifdef WITH_HOMER
#Siptrace
modparam("siptrace", "force_send_sock", "MY_LOCAL_SENDSOCK")
# local interface from where to send the duplicated traffic
modparam("siptrace", "duplicate_uri", "MY_HOMER_CAPTURE")
modparam("siptrace", "hep_mode_on", 1) # enable/disable Homer encapsulate
mode
modparam("siptrace", "hep_version", 3) # HEPv3 the timestamp and capture
agent ID will be included in the HEP header
modparam("siptrace", "trace_to_database", 0) # trace to database
modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 1) # enable/disable trace
modparam("siptrace", "trace_mode", 0) # default 0, if 1 then you dont need
call siptrace flag or sip_trace()
modparam("siptrace", "hep_capture_id", MY_HEP_NODE_ID) # capture agent id
Limitation: 32-bit for HEPv3.
# REMOVE modparam("siptrace", "trace_flag", 22) # 5.2.0
#!endif

request_route {

#!ifdef WITH_HOMER
# optional trace to an second target directly from cfg:
# sip_trace("sip:127.0.0.1:9060");
# Set the tracing mode: message, transaction or dialog.
      sip_trace_mode("t");
#!endif
}

##########################
my old kamailio 5.2.x config
#!ifdef WITH_HOMER
#Siptrace
modparam("siptrace", "force_send_sock", "MY_LOCAL_SENDSOCK")
modparam("siptrace", "duplicate_uri", "MY_HOMER_CAPTURE")
modparam("siptrace", "hep_mode_on", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "hep_version", 3)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_to_database", 0)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_flag", 22)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "hep_capture_id", MY_HEP_NODE_ID)
#!endif

request_route {
#!ifdef WITH_HOMER
        # start duplicate the SIP message here
        sip_trace();
        setflag(22);
#!endif
}

Cheers Karsten

Am Do., 4. Juni 2020 um 23:14 Uhr schrieb David Villasmil <
david.villasmil.work at gmail.com>:

> For me it was the module parameter to 1 and then sip_trace() that
> duplicated the packets. I just commented out the module parameter and it
> started working properly.
>
> On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 at 22:03, Karsten Horsmann <khorsmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Henning,
>>
>> Sorry for the typo. It's an testing 5.2 to 5.3.4 conversion not fully
>> tested.
>>
>> I don't checked the change from a to b version document, is there an hint
>> for all the useful and needed changes we discussed here?
>>
>> Will check the input from today tomorrow.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Karsten Horsmann
>>
>> Henning Westerholt <hw at skalatan.de> schrieb am Do., 4. Juni 2020, 22:29:
>>
>>> Hello Sergiu,
>>>

>>> Thanks - trace_mode is 0 by default, according to the docs.
>>>

>>> https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/siptrace.html#siptrace.p.trace_mode
>>>

>>> You are right, mode 3 is not valid (it was from Karstens cfg/e-mail,
>>> thought 😉)
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>

>>> Henning

>>> modparam("siptrace", "trace_mode", 3)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
*Karsten Horsmann*