[SR-Users] Kamailio 5.3.0 and HEPv3 oversized traffic

Federico Cabiddu federico.cabiddu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:40:00 CEST 2020

Hi,
did you try to capture the traffic going towards homer?
Siptrace module has internally changed in release 5.3 and some things that
used to work in 5.2 are not working or are not doing it in the expected way.
There have been several fixes since 5.3.0, some of them are still only in
master branch, I suggest you to use the latest 5.3.4 and have a look at the
new capture modes and
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.3.x/modules/siptrace.html#siptrace.f.sip_trace_mode
 function.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Federico

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 7:16 PM Karsten Horsmann <khorsmann at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yes same config file. Forgot that to mention.
>
> Cheers
> Karsten Horsmann
>
> David Villasmil <david.villasmil.work at gmail.com> schrieb am Mi., 3. Juni
> 2020, 18:48:
>
>> Same config file?
>>
>> On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 at 17:20, Karsten Horsmann <khorsmann at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> I saw some strange behavior in Kamailio 5.3.0 with HEPv3. My Kamailio
>>> serves webrtc and sip tls and captures that to an Homer 7.7 instance.
>>>
>>> I see only the UAC Parts of the message and not the answers from
>>> Kamailio in that scenario.
>>>
>>> Maybe I reached the max Paket size for udp. Hard to debug. In production
>>> I saw everything (but there I used and older Kamailio 5.2.x and Homer 5.5
>>> which can handle fragment udp).
>>>
>>> Any ideas how to hunt the root cause of the problem?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Karsten