[SR-Users] Kamailio IMS with custom AVPs

Gaston Siffert gaston at messagebird.com
Tue Jul 28 14:57:59 CEST 2020

Hello all,

I am investigating on how to integrate few IMS modules in the Platform I am working on. At the moment the main drawback for me is to find a way to export data from the Diameter Answers.

In the RFC 7155, it’s written that the AA-Answer could have a list of customisable fields. While looking at the implementation of the Rx_AAR (IMS QOS) in Kamailio, the module does not seems to export any of the fields from the AA-Answer except the return code. The same applies for the implementation of I_perform_location_information_request (IMS ICSCF) in Kamailio.

Do you have any recommendation on how to export the other AVPs from the Diameter Answers ?
Instead of IMS QOS and IMS ICSCF, I could use diameter_request_async (IMS Diameter Server) to make my own AAR and LIR, but is it the recommended practice ?

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7155#section-3.2 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7155#section-3.2>
https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.0.x/modules/ims_qos.html#idp18760852 <https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.0.x/modules/ims_qos.html#idp18760852>
https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.4.x/modules/ims_icscf.html#idp39432196 <https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.4.x/modules/ims_icscf.html#idp39432196>
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/ims_diameter_server.html#ims_diameter_server.f.diameter_request_async <https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/ims_diameter_server.html#ims_diameter_server.f.diameter_request_async>

Best regards,
Gaston Siffert