[SR-Users] Using GeoIP2 AS Lookup?

Mark Boyce mark at darkorigins.com
Thu Jul 23 12:18:31 CEST 2020

Hi all

Just looking at the latest GeoIP2 MaxMind databases (now requires registration, but still free) and noticed that they also include the AS (ISP) lookup one in the free offering.

Wondering if this is another way to facilitate better security for users on dynamic IP. Typically working from home these days.

So, rather than just limiting an end device to a country we could limit it to a particular ISP within that country.

Has anyone tried this? Have I missed a reason why this wouldn’t help?  Admin overhead not worth it?

Thoughts?

Best regards
Mark
--