[SR-Users] SIP Redirect CANCEL handling

Ali Taher ataher at vanrise.com
Tue Jan 28 14:29:21 CET 2020

Hello,

I'm using Kamailio as sip redirect server where SBC forwards the calls to Kamailio which sends the routing back to SBC in 3xx response.

Now, I need to handle CANCEL requests sent from SBC to Kamailio. Here is the scenario:
the client sends CANCEL request to SBC which responds with 200 OK and 487 Request Terminated and then sends CANCEL request to Kamailio.
I'm not sure how Kamailio should handle the CANCEL request here, should it send only 200 OK back to SBC or also should send 487 request terminated?

Regards,
Ali Taher