[SR-Users] Kamailio 5.2.2 IMS -enum_query question

Woscek, Martin W. mwoscek at mitre.org
Fri Jan 10 17:57:29 CET 2020

Hi,

I am trying to invoke unum lookups from calls to enum_query() ,is_from_user_enum() and  enum_pv_query().
However we are not seeing any enum lookups over the wire using wireshark.

In the Kamailio.cfg the following are set:

loadmodule "enum"
modparam("enum", "domain_suffix", "mydnsserver.org.")
modparam("enum", "i_enum_suffix", " mydnsserver.org.")

sample use in our Kamailio.cfg file:

if(!enum_query("mydnsserver.org.")) {
                #do something
} else {
                #do something else
}

I do see NAPTR lookups being done by the other Kamailio IMS processes initially when it starts up so I know it has connectivity to the DNS server, but none for the invoked enum queries.

We are running Kamailio 5.2.2.

Thanks,
Martin