[SR-Users] RTPEngine performance - How far are you pushing your systems

Mojtaba mespio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 10:18:51 CET 2020

As a person who working much on developing new RTP engine for Kamailio, I
should express achieving to 12k concurrent call is very strange with Kernel
part of RTPEngine.
Regardless of NIC's parameter, multi core and some other parameters, it is
important where the hooking linux kernel function is called. The Kernel
part of RTPEngine is called in NF_INET_LOCAL_IN. It means the rtp packet
goes up local routing in network stack.
I could not reach to 12k yet, although i call Linux kernel function in
NF-INET-PRE-ROUTING

--Mojtaba Esfandiari.S