[SR-Users] Using the To header to route a call

Fred Posner fred at palner.com
Tue Feb 25 00:01:28 CET 2020

On 2/24/20 5:49 PM, Dovid Bender wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are fighting with a vendor and trying to explain to them that call
> routing should be based on the RURI on the INVITE and *not* the To
> header. I went through RFC 3261 and while there are many "indicators"
> and it seems like its screaming that we should be using the RURI, is
> anyone aware of any specific text (that I may have missed) where it says
> specifically call routing should be done based on the RURI and *NOT* the
> to header?
>
> TIA.
>
> Dovid

Vendors will generally state that they are not RFC compliant and this is
simply how most vendors are.

For SIP vendors needing the To header to be modified to their liking,
take a look at:

https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/uac.html#uac.f.uac_replace_to

It can be modified as necessary and even updated per carrier (ie when
dispatching).

Fred Posner
fred at qxork.com
https://qxork.com