[SR-Users] RTP Engine in docker

Voip support voipexpert0 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 11:01:32 CET 2020

Dear Community,

I would like to use rtpengine but had a very hard time to do the
compilation under ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04.

On Ubuntu 18.04 after already compiled the rtpengine i was unable to
install the deb packages.
Many different errors occurred.

I finally tried to install RTP engine on debian 10 and i was able to
install it.

I am thinking of 2 use scenarios:
- handling many concurrent calls like using rtpproxy for normall traffic
- make WebRTC to legacy RTP transcoding (convert WebRTC SDP to legacy SDP
to use with non webrtc compliant sip server)

For the first scenario i imagine that it would be far better to run
in-kernel mode because of performance.

For the second scenario i think userspace daemon should be fine ( i expect
not much traffic maximum 50-100 calls).

However my question is what is the correct order of installing the deb
packages.
Which packages do i really need.

For running rtpengine in docker could i use Debian 10 OS and compile
rtpengine and install just "
ngcp-rtpengine-daemon_6.2.0.0+0~mr6.2.0.0_amd64.deb" ? (the in this case
the host running docker can be any linux distribution?)

If i would like to run rtpengine in docker in kernel mode - is it possible
or i need to use same linux distribution in host and docker container
(because of the kernel match?)

Best regards,
Tom