[SR-Users] Binary Websocket messages

Andre Pires dos Santos santos.andrepires at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 12:35:44 CET 2020

Hello guys,

we are new to kamailio so sorry basic or wrong points.

We started using kamailio 5.3.2 and rtpengine as our sip to webrtc solution
and SIP.js as webrtc client. We noticed that most of the times webrtc
client receives UTF-8 messages. But sometimes webrtc client receives binary
messages. When we get binary messages SIP.js cannot parse the message.

I couldn't find how to force kamailio to send only UTF-8 messages. Is it
possible?

We have other issues but I think it will be better for the list to break
other points in different messages.

Thanks!
Santos