[SR-Users] Different REGISTER expires based on User-Agent

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Feb 2 23:22:55 CET 2020

On Mon, Feb 03, 2020 at 07:17:42AM +0900, mayamatakeshi wrote:

> is it possible to reply with a different expires for a REGISTER depending
> on some condition like the User-Agent?
> I am thinking maybe I can use:
>   $ulc(profile=>expires) = 600

Expiration is ultimately in the hands of the registrar, and the
registrar is free to reply with an expiration different to what the
registrant has requested.

Expiration policy is generally controlled by:

   https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.3.x/modules/registrar.html#registrar.p.min_expires

   https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.3.x/modules/registrar.html#registrar.p.max_expires

and some related modparams near the top.

As far as I am aware, there is no way to override the expiration
decisions of the registrar in a custom way.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)