[SR-Users] How to implement a self-sustained Presence server

E. Schmidbauer eschmidbauer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 18:57:08 CET 2020

You could try
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/pua_dialoginfo
I did not have much luck with the module (it seemed to have intermittent
issues with BLF lighting up/down) but I also did not invest a ton of time
figuring it out.
I ultimately took a different approach, which is to *extract* the presence
out of other services (e.g. FreeSWITCH via ESL) using custom code and then
publishing the presence updates via modules such as evapi
<https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/evapi> or nsq
<https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/nsq> or xhttp
<https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/xhttp> combined with
pua_json <https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/pua_json> and
presence <https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/presence>
 modules.
This approach seemed to provide the flexibility I needed and allowed me to
expose an external API for controlling presence (e.g. fire MWI updates,
parking lot update, etc...)
I hope this helps!
Thanks,
Emmanuel