[SR-Users] how does rtjson work?

Syed Shahryar syedshahryar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 22:46:54 CET 2020

My use case is such that I want to be able to send a SIP MESSAGE destined
for a single username to multiple users. In order to be able to map that
target username to multiple usernames, I tried using rtjson and evapi/http
(to generate the routing json), but none of them worked.

Is it the right approach? Is there any other way to programmatically
generate multiple targets for SIP request? I am familiar with dynamic
routing but I need more flexibility.

Initially, I tried sending the request to a different username but that
didn't work and got the following message in the http async result route.

kamailio    | 19(25) ERROR: nathelper [nathelper.c:1461]: sdp_1918():
Unable to parse sdp body
kamailio    | 19(25) NOTICE: <core> [core/kemi.c:124]:
sr_kemi_core_notice(): In evapi msg branch
kamailio    | 28(34) NOTICE: {2 6661 MESSAGE q6hikd6tumsr1dh35kvj} <core>
[core/kemi.c:124]: sr_kemi_core_notice(): In evapi reply branch

The message was received on the originally requested to user and also $tu still
points to the original user instead of the new user even after executing
the following code.

KSR.rtjson.init_routes(response);
KSR.rtjson.push_routes();
KSR.nathelper.fix_nated_contact();

In http response, I receive the following and don't see any rtjson errors
when init_routes is executed on it.

{"version":"1.0","routing":"parallel","routes":[{"headers":{"from":{"display":"test_1","uri":"sip:
*test_1*@test.com:9908"},"to":{"display":"test_4","uri":"sip:*test_4*@
test.com:9908
"},"extra":""},"branch_flags":8,"fr_timer":5000,"fr_inv_timer":30000}]}

Please note that the request was sent to *test_2*@test.com. I have tried
other combinations of above but nothing works.

I have already searched on Google and read relevant articles and blog
posts.

Thanks
individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not
disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete
this email from your system. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender,
therefore, does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
contents of this message which arise as a result of email transmission. If
verification is required, please request a hard-copy version.